Live Life to the Fullest!
See more places
to ride. Click here.
Dave and Lisa bought a house near St. Augustine beach over ten years ago. Once they found St. Augustine they knew this would be home. They fell in love with the community, the beach, Anastasia Island and the historical downtown area of St. Augustine.
As residents of Florida, they have explored all areas of this beautiful state from hiking in the state parks north & south of Jacksonville, to paddling on the St. Johns River on Kayaks, to SUPing on the Salt Run on Anastasia Island. They have enjoyed endless hiking and biking adventures in Big Cypress National Preserve, Ashville, Scottsdale, Charleston and even road their bikes down the Florida Keys.
Dave and Lisa wanted to continue their love for the outdoors, so they thought it was important to have a friendly, local outdoor adventure & clothing store in close proximity to Anastasia Island and the downtown historic district. Whether a resident or visiting, there is always something fun to do outdoors.
Doesn’t everyone want an Island Life? To us, an Island Life is being able to be active enjoying the outdoors and the natural world around us. To be able to play on the water or land. We are fortunate to live on the Northeast coast of Florida where we can engage in outdoor activities all year round. Whether it be a bicycle ride down the beach, a hike in a state park, a trail bike ride through a Florida trail or enjoying a flat water paddle there are endless outdoor activities where one can take in the fresh air and enjoy the natural world around us.
Message from the Owners
Thank-you St Augustine and all our loyal customers! We think you are great and we appreciate your support and for staying in touch.
Island Life continues to grow over the years and we want to thank the all the residents of Florida and visitors for supporting us year after year. It is only because of your loyalty that we have been able to continue to expand our product offerings and the services we provide. If there is anything you think we need to improve on or you would like us to consider stocking at Island Life please email us at [email protected].
Ride More, Live Better but most of all be safe.
Lisa & Dave
Our Favorite Outdoor Activities Within The Vicinity of St. Augustine
- Riding around the Anastasia Island neighborhoods and downtown in the old city.
- Mala Compra Trails are one of our favorites. We love our mountain bikes and north Florida has some great trails. After a ride enjoy lunch across the road at Captains Barbecue.
- Rails To Trail just east of Palatka. Probably the best paved road trail around. Eight miles each way gives you a good workout off the road. (The trail continues further but you have to find it).
- Stand Up Paddle boarding in the Salt Run. It’s quiet and usually calm. We paddle up towards the Conch house and often are visited by the dolphins as they swim beside our board (look out for the wind and the tides before you paddle).
- Riding the beach. It’s about 8 miles from the pier to the inlet and back. The beach is always changing and whenever we go there is something new to see. Check the tide maps before you go.